Job Description: Investment Analyst
Location: Mexico City, São Paulo or Buenos Aires
NXTP Ventures, a leading B2B venture capital firm in Latin American, is currently looking to hire an Investment Analyst (preferably women) to join our investment team based in Mexico City, São Paulo or Buenos Aires.
NXTP Ventures Overview
We are a venture capital firm based in Latin America and investing in early stage technology companies throughout the region. We partner with high-impact, visionary founders early on as one of the first sources of institutional funding to help build their companies into future market leaders with long-term competitive advantages.
We primarily invest in Seed and Series A rounds ranging from as small as $250K to as large as $10M+. We believe domain focus leads to thesis-driven investing, ability to identify opportunities early on, and effective founder support. We invest in B2B technology startups, we seek to invest in recurring and scalable businesses, and our core verticals are cloud & SaaS, logistics tech, fintech, B2B marketplaces and tech-enabled information services.
In addition to capital, we seek to actively help founders with first-hand expertise and advice, including access to NXTP’s network, corporate relationships, advisors and market experts, strategy and operations, key hires, knowledge, fundraising, and more.
NXTP has invested in market-leading companies such as Auth0, NuvemShop, Mural, Satellogic, CargoX, VU Security, Kangu, Arcus, Cobli and more than 100 others. You can check the whole portfolio at nxtp.vc/portfolio
The Investment Analyst Position
The Investment Analyst will have the opportunity to work hand in hand with the partners in all the aspects of the investment process and the fund management. This includes:
- Pipeline: participation in industry events, research of existing opportunities and industry mapping and scanning of potential investments and attractive business models in all Latin America.
- Due Diligence: data gathering and data analysis for the development of investment theses for potential companies in which to invest, interviewing the company’s team, its partners, clients and providers to fully understand the business, its uniqueness and its challenges.
- Work with Portfolio Companies: cooperation with the partners running portfolio companies on new rounds of capital raisings, business plans, operational needs and recruiting.
- Fund Management: support on strategic portfolio discussions, performance assessments, and material preparations for investors.
This position offers the opportunity to work in a small team with high exposure to the entrepreneurial and venture capital industries around Latin America.
- Education: Exemplary academic record at a top university with a degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or related careers.
- Job Experience: at least 1 year of experience working in Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Tech Startup, or a top-tier corporation.
- Languages: English required, working Portuguese highly valued.
- Personal attitudes: Passionate for technology, startups and investing; intellectually curious, very strong quantitative background; team player, hardworking, proactive, flexible and hands-on.
We will review applications as they are submitted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.