Job Description: INVESTMENT ASSOCIATE
NXTP Ventures, a leading venture capital firm focused on Latin American technology investments, is currently looking to hire an Investment Associate to join our investment team. The candidate could be based in Sao Paulo (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico) or Buenos Aires (Argentina).
NXTP Ventures Overview
NXTP Ventures is a seed-stage leading venture capital firm investing in technology startups throughout Latin America. We partner with exceptional founders early on as one of the first sources of institutional funding to help build their companies into future market leaders with long-term competitive advantages.
We seek to invest in recurring and scalable businesses, and our core verticals are B2B SaaS, logistics-tech, fintech, internet security, B2B marketplaces and AI/information services.
Some of our portfolio companies include the likes of Auth0, Satellogic, TiendaNube, Mural, CargoX, Kangu, Cobli, Arquivei, among many others.
In addition to capital, we seek to actively help founders with first-hand expertise and advice, including access to NXTP’s network, corporate relationships, advisors and market experts, strategy and operations, key hires, fundraising, and more.
The Investment Associate Position
We are looking for an outstanding Investment Associate to join our investment team. This person will help NXTP identify, analyze and decide on opportunities to invest in the most promising tech startups in LatAm, as well as support them as they grow.
The Investment Associate Primary Responsibilities
The Investment Associate will have the opportunity to work hand in hand with the partners in all the aspects of the investment process and fund management. This includes:
- Pipeline: participation in industry events, prospecting of existing opportunities and industry mapping and scanning of potential investments and attractive business models in all Latin America.
- Due Diligence: data gathering and data analysis for the development of investment thesis for potential companies in which to invest, interviewing the company’s team, its partners, clients and providers to fully understand the business, its uniqueness and its challenges.
- Work with Portfolio Companies: cooperation with the partners running portfolio companies on new rounds of capital raisings, business plans, operational needs and recruiting.
- Fund Management: support on strategic portfolio discussions, performance assessments, and material preparations for investors.
- Firm building: Help build and optimize the systems and provide insights supporting our work, including building financial models, decks, and other materials to support internal tasks like CRM management, metrics benchmarking analysis, investor relations, and fundraising efforts.
This position offers the opportunity to work in a small team with high exposure to the entrepreneurial and venture capital industries around Latin America.
- Education: Graduates from a top university with a degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or related careers.
- Job Experience: 2-3 years of experience working in Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Tech Startup, or a top-tier corporation.
- Languages: excellent English, working Portuguese highly valued.
- Personal attitudes: Passionate about technology, startups and investing; very strong quantitative background; team player, hardworking, proactive, flexible and hands-on.
We will review applications as they are submitted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.